Owning a beautiful piece of land in the countryside can be a lot of fun. Beautiful places like North Delta, Cloverdale, White Rock, Surrey, Mission, Langley, Chilliwack and Abbotsford have the best farms for sale. These farms can be a lot more than recreational spots and may serve as tremendous agri-business premises for the owners.
Owners may use these spots as hobby farms to an extent or they can create commercial farms, thus reaping long term benefits. While traditional agricultural practices won't be much appealing to the millennial in particular. But, there are wide range of activities that can be undertaking in the agri-business scenario.
Contrary to the popular belief, agri-business can be glamorous and that too at a low investment. Increasing trend for organic farming proves it and has paved way for young entrepreneurs. Here are some innovative business ideas that can help owners in making the most out of their farms.
- Fresh Fruit Cultivation: All you need to do is identify the soil type and fix up the right fruit based on climatic conditions. You may go for oranges, blueberries or any fruit of your choosing. Minimum requirements for the same would include basic hygiene procedures and a good public outlook. Fresh produce is always welcome in the market these days.
- Crops or Urban Agriculture: The process of cultivation, complete processing and overall distribution of food products in a specified area is known as urban agriculture. Apart from crops you can also include animal husbandry, horticulture, aquaculture or other related businesses. It not only adds to the food supply but also makes for a source of fresh produce for the locals whilst maintaining sustainability.
- Convenience Retailing: With an increasing need to convenience in the market today, grocery service or foodstuff retailing can be a great business opportunity. Natural produce like rice, potatoes, beans and more can be picked up in bulk to be packed in desired sizes to be sold directly to the users. This will add to the shopper's convenience and they would become your repeat customers in exchange for timely service.
- Rearing Rabbits: Since there isn't any law that would prohibit you from keeping rabbits in your property, you can utilize the backyard of your country home to make a few extra bucks. Rearing rabbits isn't a difficult task and they do not consume much in terms of food. They can be sustained on kitchen leftover, feed, cut grasses etc. This will allow you to create employment whilst battling poverty.
This activity can be undertaken with ease and doesn't require any huge capital or maintenance costs. You may also accommodate them in some abandoned sheds or garden in the back.
- Poultry Farming: Poultry business is one of the most profitable ones these days and with technological advancements it is no longer a stinky affair. It might be a cause of inconvenience to the neighbours if the odours keep travelling into their homes, so make sure you take care of hygiene.
All you need to start is set up a farm with 50 birds and go up to 500 during the initial phase depending upon your cash reserves. The size of the farms can be increased as you continue making profits.
Therefore, make the best out of the outlying business opportunities offered under the list of agri-businesses. Have an idea that you would like to implement? Log on to http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ and see the all of the available farm listings in North Delta, Cloverdale, White Rock, Surrey, Mission, Langley, Chilliwack and Abbotsford and take a step forward towards realizing your dream.