Blueberries are a super food which means that they are not only great for health but they are also a delicious and very versatile berry. Blueberries are a favorite among many and are loved by people all over the world. Blueberries have several health benefits for everyone and certainly live up to the tag of being super foods. This is why buying Blueberry farms for sale in Abbotsford, Mission, Langley and Chilliwack are so high in demand. Blueberry farming is a great vocation as well as an occupation. Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of Blueberries.
- Blueberries are high on nutrients but not on calories – Among other awesome nutrients, blueberries also contain loads of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese which makes them nutrient rich and very healthy. Blueberries are a fruit that is high on fiber too making it very delicious and great for the gut.
- The maximum antioxidants – Antioxidants are very important for our bodies, these protect our bodies against damaging effects of free radicles and unstable molecules. These are those things that can cause serious illnesses and deficiencies in our body. You may not know this but among all of the highly consumed foods in the common world, Blueberries are probably one of the most antioxidant rich foods. This means that consuming Blueberries helps introduce antioxidants in the body and thus keeping the body safe from several unnecessary issues.
- Help reduce DNA damage – Results have found that Blueberries help reduce DNA damage and for those who don’t know, DNA damage is the reason that the body ages. So, reducing DNA damage helps keep the cells of the body healthy and young.
- Blueberries Protect cholesterol – There is both good and bad cholesterol in our bodies. Blueberries help our bodies to protect the good cholesterol and keep it in the body.
- May lower blood pressure – Blueberries have been found helpful in controlling blood pressure and keeping the related concerns in check. So, blueberries are definitely a great food for those who have a problem with blood pressure.
- Help prevent heart disease – Along with helping in blood pressure, Blueberries also help in controlling heart diseases. This simply means that blueberries will help you stay healthy and live longer by keeping all the diseases at bay and keeping your heart healthy.
- Help maintain brain function – The antioxidants in blueberries help in maintaining the brain function and even improving memory. Studies have shown that blueberries are great for the brain, for the heart as well as for t=memory.
- Help control diabetes – Blueberries are low on sugar content as compared to other similar fruits. Blueberries have bioactive compounds that can help diminish the negative impact that sugar might have on a body.
- Might also be helpful in fighting urinary tract infections – Blueberries are also proven to contain active substances that can help keep UTIs at bay and keep your body healthy and active.
- May help in relieving muscle damage – Blueberries can help in relieving muscle damage and in several studies, the benefits of blueberries have been shown.
So, with so many benefits of Blueberries as a super food, there remains little doubt as to how much benefit blueberry farming will have. As blueberry is a great crop that definitely has plenty of advantages upon being consumed, blueberry farming is also a great occupation that is sure to reap in huge profits. To find excellent Blueberry farms for sale in Abbotsford, Mission, Langley and Chilliwack visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ and start your own venture.