When you think of a farming business and go out to look for farms for sale in Mission, then a piece of land isn't the only thing you would require. A farming business always needs a big list of farm equipment which is required to make things function on a farm. In this article we will take a look at some of the most important things that a farm owner needs in order to begin cultivating crops.
- It all starts with a tractor: Having a tractor on the farm is the most basic of all needs. It is a farming equipment which is used to pull other equipment and has versatile uses as well. You can use it for a wide range of uses like as a front loader or a means to spread manure. You can also use it do both small scale and large scale jobs at the farm. Tractors primarily come in different types- two wheel drive, former with a front assist and a four wheel drive.
- Ploughing all the way: Any crop requires you to prepare the land in advance. A plough is used to break up the land and is also used to turn soil in order to deal with the vegetations like weeds. Its main purpose is to till, followed by a harrow. Different kinds of ploughs include mouldboard ploughs, disc ploughs and chisel ploughs.
- A step forward towards harrows: Secondary tillage is known as harrows and they are used after ploughing in the first step. It is used to make the soil more functional and breaks down the clods in it thus making the plant growth better. The harrows affect the whole soil in the field and farmers make use of different types of harrows actively in modern day farming. Some notable harrows that you can use include chain harrow, spring harrow, disc harrow and roller harrow.
- Plant them with a seeder: As the name suggests, a seeder is used to sow seeds in the farm and they come in a wide range of options. Broadcast seeder is one of the most commonly used one and is used in seeding grass or even for the purpose of spreading salt in Canada. Some notable types of seeders include air seeder, box drill seeder and planters.
- Time to spread some fertilizer: Another important task after ploughing the land and planting the seeds is to add fertilizer to it. Broadcast spreader can be used for this task. Commonly used spreaders include manure spreaders which help spreading solid livestock manure and slurry spreaders used for more liquid forms of manure.
- Bring in the harvester: Better known as a combine, this equipment is one of the most important ones on the farming business. It has multiple functions and can be used for harvesting crops, separating parts of the crop(edible/non edible) and winnowing. Modern day combines can also help you in analysing how well a particular field did during a season.
- Wrap it up: And the final step in the process is to bring together the hay, corn stalks, and stray together to form a round bale or maybe a square one if you prefer. All this is done using a baler- which is a fine tuned equipment. Straws can also be utilized as bedding for your livestock at the farm. Straws help them stay healthy, while corn stalks also helps them to eat up. Square and round balers are the most commonly used ones with different size options.
Now that you have the knowledge about the right equipment it is time to find the perfect land to start that dream farm. Visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ today and have a look at myriad of options before taking a final decision.