1. Logistics Support: In order to have higher productivity and allow the farmers to sell their produce in more markets across various cities it is important to have a well-developed logistics system in place. This will allow them to work with new technologies and help them attain a respectable income as well.
2. Right Irrigation Measures: There is no denying the fact that the overall productivity of the crop will be directly proportional to the irrigation it receives. Thus, it is very important to have tube wells and canals created in the right manner for improved crop production. Along with this, measures should be in place to curb any damages caused due to natural calamities.
3. Marketing Strategy: Farmers should be well informed with the concepts of marketing as well. Their views widened and their beliefs strengthened will make for better selling of products with more profits to the farmers. Also, the minimum prices for produce should be regulated by the authorities.
4. High Quality Inputs: In order to have bountiful crops farmers must use the inputs of highest quality in their farming practices. They need to stay informed about the latest farming techniques, developed seeds for increased production and use quality fertilizers to help raise crops.
5. Training & Development: There is no age or time to learn. In fact, the farming industry today requires the farmers to constantly improve their skills. They need to adopt new advancements and make share that they share their skills with the team to help them grow and work proficiently in the field. This will create synergy among all members involved and help the farmers to take good care of their crops whilst enhancing the overall productivity.
6. Optimal Use Of Land: While manual farming techniques used to have a random pattern of plantation, today with the help right tools and machinery it is possible for the farmers to make optimal use of the land at their disposal. Seeders, harvesters and other farming equipment can help in sowing the seeds at optimum distances and this creates a right measure to get the most production out of the available land. It reduces wastage and improves the time taken to actually do the tasks.
7. Understand Local Land Reforms: Another important thing for farmers is to learn about the rules and regulations regarding the land in their area. Every state might have different rules concerning taxes, water laws and more. They must be fully aware of the lay of the land both physically and economically. They must make sure that all the regulations are taken into proper consideration before starting any crop farming.
8. Land Evaluation: Not every piece of land is suitable for all kinds of crops. The farmers must check their soil type and take a look at their resources. This will help them identify the right kind of crop based on the nature of the land and thus help them cultivate and optimal produce that can be sold for a higher profit. In case of absence of these measures, they might end up cultivating a low quality crop that was never suitable for their land in the first place. Therefore, having this knowledge is a big boon for the farmers.
Visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ and find the finest farmlands to start your very own farming project today.