Looking at farms for sale in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack and more? Consider community farming as your new venture and reap the wide range of benefits by practicing sustainable agriculture practices. Earn well and give back to the community as well. Let’s take a look at benefits of community farming and farm diversification in the following lines:
- It paves way for prospering local economies: Community farms are owned and operated by locals which give them democratic control and the income from the produce is circulated among the community members instead of benefiting some unknown owners. These benefits in turn help the local businesses and improves the local market.
- Better for the environment: Farming can have good and bad effects on the environment and the overall ecological system. However, in case of community farming the farmers take the responsibility on their shoulders to protect the environment and attain sustainability through their practices. With a range of sustainable practices in community farming the environment is protected and threats to farmland are reduced.
- Provides food security for locals: As the point suggests, community farming reduces the chances food shortage within a community and more farmers can produce variety of food products together rather than mass producing same crop.
- It stabilizes the market: Community farming is done with an aim to attain food security via farms. Farmers can thus benefit from market and have a market stability with the support of farming communities. It can be improved with agriculture programs, local markets and better distribution.
- A means to improve capital and amenities for the community: One of the major purposes of community farming is to build up some social capital for the farmers, members and individuals involved. The idea is to bring them and other organizations together to help create a set of amenities apart from food security as well. These amenities can include education, environmental programs, nature conservation and recreational avenues.
Community farming can benefit greatly from farm diversification. Diversifying farms turn them into rural enterprises and it comes with its own set of benefits over a traditional farm. Have a look:
- Revenue generation: With diversification comes new activities which help the families get more income and attain a better standard of living in the long run.
- It promotes adaptability: This improves the willingness of the owners to change and explore new horizons. With new activities on farm the farmers improve their skills and take on new changes in the future whilst responding positively to new opportunities.
- Provides the families with security: When new activities occur on a farm the families are able t provide for themselves better with a better future and stability in the view. Branching out allows more revenue sources to come up and ensures that there will be income even if one source suffers due to any reason.
- A new way to tradition: Diversification will help improve the tradition of farming and encourage young ones to join in passionately. Along with revenue generation and improved incomes it also helps create a better future whilst giving an option to still enjoy traditional practices.
- Training and development: The participants getting into the phenomenon are bound to increase their existing skill set to a new level with specialized training. New managers and marketing teams can help them grow substantially in the agriculture business.
Plan your budget methodically and do your homework before buying a new farm. Visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ for a wide range of options in farms, houses with acreage and more to find the land best suited for your needs today and in the future.