Farming is an activity that is probably the oldest activity that mankind has ever done. Farming has been around for hundreds of years and commercial farming has evolved largely over the years. Millions of years ago, farming as done only as a barter system. This meant that farmers who produced more crop than they required would barter it with crops of other farmers. So, if a farmer is producing only wheat he could keep all the wheat he wants and then barter the rest from another farmer who is producing rice. This way, the barter system progresses. Slowly, it was spread over many other economies. So, a farmer could now barter his crop with cattle, vegetables, other household items and so on.
Thus, with the advent of currency, commercial farming finally took off and farming actually became a way of making money for the farmers. Over the years, farming as a commercial activity has now become very common. In fact, most of the farming in the world is done for commercial purposes only. Now, farming is one of the most popular economic activities all over the globe.
There are several crops that are great as commercial crops. Before choosing a commercial crop, one needs to take care of a few important points. Some of these are elaborated below:
1. Climate and Topography- One needs to ensure that the area where the farming has to be done is actually good for the crop that one is planting. So, the topography and area are very important to note when the choice of a commercial crop is to be made.
2. Profitability- One needs to do research to make sure that the crop they are planting is highly profitable and is going to bring lots of profits in the future as well. So, the profitability of the crop is another major factor to consider.
3. Framing Method- You need to decide the method of farming. Whether you are interested in traditional farming or organic farming or any other way of farming is important to note.
4. Security- Plan well to save and secure the crop against any vagaries of nature or the atmosphere.
Considering all the above points and keeping all of these in mind, we can now discuss the crops that are generally considered best as commercial crops.
1. Bamboo- Bamboo is profitable for the reason that it grows really fast and can be harvested for almost a period of 40 years. So, bamboo is a very high yielding crop that you should consider planting for profit.
2. Cotton- Cotton is very popular because it is a crop that is very popular and high in demand. So, cotton is a famous cash crop widely harvested all over the world.
3. Grapes- Grapes are another popular cash crop. They are popular because they have several uses. They can be used as they are for direct consumption, they can even be dried to be preserved as jams and preserves and so on. Also, the most profitable use is to convert them into wine and earn superb profits.
If you are also interested in commercial farming and want to do it as a regular task, then you can consider any of the above crops after taking into consideration the points given above. If you are looking for a farm to begin your farming on, there are a number of highly productive farms for sale in Mission. http://www.fraservalleyfarm.cawill help you get the best farms for sale in Mission at the best rates. Get in touch now to kick start your farming dream right away.