Every good farmer understands the importance of planning in their day to day lives. A successful farm isn’t ready in a day and requires a lot attention. With more farms for sale in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Langley, Mission BC and other areas there are many emerging opportunities to start a farm. In this article we will take a look at the importance of planning and a few ways to set up a planning process.
Things to remember when planning a safe farm:
- Planning the small things is the start
- Nothing is complicated when we put effort
- Be aware of the potential risk factors before you start the planning process
- Right implementation is the key
- Share what you learn with others as you may get valuable inputs
- Prior planning prevents poor performance
Typically there are two major reasons to plan. First, to be aware of the potential risks and keep a contingency plan in place in case of emergency. Second, to create a communication channel for all in need of information. This planning process consists of the following:
- Systematic identification of farm work that can be a reason behind workplace injuries or health concerns and identifying means to mitigate them.
- Involving all the workers at the farm in the identification and risk management process
- Informing all the workers, visitors and managers about the potential risks at the farm site with risk management processes in check
Do not worry about having loads of jargons or fancy material to work with, simply create action plans and share the information with everyone involved at the farm. Consult the fellow workers to get all the details on the farm.
With a proper safety plan in action the risk of injuring anyone on the field is greatly diminished and the buildings, farms and animal can be provided with a safe environment. Although, buildings such as farmhouse or house with acreage will require separate risk management systems.
When we talk about farm safety, the owner has to make a decision about everything that happens. This includes:
- Investing time to bring up health and safety management parameters
- Maintain the right communication amongst the workers
- Having everyone on board when the decisions are made
How to initiate the safety management process? Everyone at the farm is equally important and thus they should all be seated and participate in a small activity. The aim of the activity is to bring up the most significant questions related to everyone. For example:
- What is the importance of having a safe environment at the farm?
- What measures can be taken to make working at the farm a safer experience?
- What steps can be taken to keep the visitors safe at the farm?
Once the questions have been established, it is time to find the answers. Everyone involved should understand the fact that these practices or measures will pay dividends in the long run and also improve the productivity at the farm. In a nutshell, advance planning is the key to running a successful farm. Healthy and safe work environment also earns you the respect of your workers and they would feel motivated to work better.
Still waiting to implement these steps? Or are you looking for a new farm? Why not implement all these measures on your new farm right from the start. Visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ today and check out some of the best options in your preferred locations. Buy a new farm at the most competitive prices and live the dream of owning a farm today. It is a long term investment with many dividends to be paid in the years to come.