When buying farms for sale in Mission, and running a farming business, there is always a chance for a famer to make some buying mistakes. In the following lines we will discuss some of the most common purchase errors that farmers make in their business.
- Being influenced by others: One common mistake that farmers make is buyin what the supplier intends to recommend. It is obvious that they are always concerned about the profit. If you let your fertilizer vendor decide what will be put in your farm then other vendors will continue to influenece your decisions. The way to stay clear of this is to be well informed and make decisions smartly.
- Incomplete equipment purchase: There is no logical explanation for not buying complete set of equipments together. However, may farmers tend to skip buying some equipments and leave the remainder for a later date. Usually this 'later' time never arrives and often leaves the farmers high and dry whenever they need a specific component at a certain point of time. Also, unbalanced buying practices and habbit of leaving out parts will also cost you more. Therefore, also plan out what you need in a sequence and make sure that you don't leave anything behind.
- Being a control freak: Often farmers make errors in their purchasing out of the fear of losing control on their land holdings. This fear controls them and leads to excessive purchasing of land during an expansion phase. They begin lacking in paying the rents or lease money just so they can have more land and mitigate their custom hiring costs. Thus, it is important to have a control on the spending and create a balance between all grounds of the prospect. As the saying goes- 'Excess of everything is dangerous'.
- Having a closed approach: There are all sorts of vendors in the market and it isn't necessary that only the big ones will have the products you need. Contrary to the belief you might be surprised with the economical deals being offered by new or relatively smaller players. Therefore, always stay open to all the vendors and don't restrict yourself to buying from just the top players.
- Too much lag time: Waiting too long to do something isn't such a good idea. Be it land, or the seeds or the fertilizers. If you wait too long to buy something there can unforeseen occasions. What if you wanted to buy a land but you waited for another year and the land prices shot up dramatically, or you wanted to buy certain seeds sold by a company, but by the time you were waiting the company closed or merged with someone making the seeds you need unavailable.
- Insufficient information: Another error made by farmers is buying stuff without having the right information about it. There is a lack of data collection or information gathering and this leads to some very bad purchase decisions. Before you go out to buy something make sure you have the right information from reliable resources.
- Decisions based on price alone: Yes, price is an important factor, but making it the only grounds for decision making will not serve well everytime. Not every expensive product is of high quality, nor is it neccessary that all the good options will come at a higer price. To avoid this price based decision making, educate yourself constantly and be aware of all the developments in you related trade.
Therefore, get all the details about product before buying and have a successful farming career ahead. Visit http://fraservalleyfarm.ca/ today and find the land of your dreams.
Post Your Comment: